Thursday, February 10, 2011

Contagion hits San Francisco

Have you ever wondered what your neighborhood would look like after the outbreak of a lethal virus pandemic?


We got to find out today, since the movie "Contagion" was filming on our street!


The crew covered the streets with fake garbage. I have a tatty old chair in the garage that I've been longing to chuck out, Maybe I can add it to one of these garbage piles?

Apparently all the children in our neighborhood school have been wiped out. I got a little teary looking at the fake memorial wall. I don't think this is going to be a feel good movie.


Don't you think Geekyboy would make a great extra, as the plucky sole surviving street urchin?

You can see why our neighborhood gets chosen for the movie scenes, we do have a stunning view, which contrasts well with the mounds of infected waste.


you never see all these overhead wires in the film scenes though, maybe they edit them out?

I missed the actual shooting of the movie scene and apparently Jude Law, Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Winslet are starring in the film, and were here today. Still I was lucky be to be home at all. I'm staying with Geekyboy, as he is a little bit sick.

After being on that set amongst all the memorials to little children, I keep taking his temperature and hoping he doesn't have a lethal pandemic virus!

They are still clearing up the mess.